Luxury Dog Friendly Tiki-Hut Holidays
At Scamper-holidays we love well-behaved dogs, just like our darling west-highland terrier Woody - the original Scamp!
Dogs are welcome in all of our Scampervans and Scamperhuts so that your loyal friend can enjoy the break just as much as you do - we simply ask for a valeting charge of £30-£40 should you wish to bring your furry friend along.
We can also provide a blanket, dog bowl, small towel, poop-bags and dog treats upon request for use during your stay, to make them feel just as welcome.
The Gower Peninsula is a very popular destination for dog-owners, with many of its beaches allowing year-round access for dogs. These include Rhossili, voted the UK's No. 1 dog-friendly beach by The Times.
Here's a list of Swansea Bay and Gower beaches that allow year-round access for dogs:
- Swansea Bay from the slip (opposite Victoria Park/Patti Pavilion) to the beach access at Sketty Lane Car Park (opposite the Wales National Pool/Singleton Boating Lake)
- Mumbles (as far as the lighthouse)
- Pwll Du
- Three Cliffs Bay
- Oxwich Bay (including Crawley and Tor Bay)
- Horton (from the Lifeguard Station east towards Oxwich)
- Port Eynon (from the main steps west to the Salt House)
- Mewslade Bay
- Rhossili Bay
- Broughton Bay, North Gower
- Whiteford Sands, North Gower
Scamperholidays & RSPCA top tips for warm weather:
- Please ensure your dog is able to move into cooler, ventilated environment if he/she is feeling hot
- Never leave your dog alone in the vehicle or accommodations. Ensure your destination is dog friendly as you don’t want your day out to be ruined!
- If you have to leave your dog outside, you must provide a cool, shady spot where he/she can escape from the sun at all times of the day
- Make sure your dog always has a good supply of drinking water, in a weighted bowl that can’t be knocked over. Carry water with you on hot days and give your dog frequent small amounts.
- Walk your dog early in the morning or later in the evening. Never allow your dog to exercise excessively in hot weather.
- Dogs can get sunburned too - particularly those with light-coloured noses or light-coloured fur on their ears. Ask your vet for advice on pet-safe sunscreen.
DOG-FRIENDLY PLACES TO EAT AROUND THE GOWER:
· Surfside cafe at Caswell Bay SA3 4SD
· Surfside cafe at Langland Bay SA3 4QG
· The Kings Head at Llangennith SA3 1HX
· The Ship Inn at Port Eynon
· Oxwich Bay Hotel at Oxwich SA3 1LS
· The Joiners Arms at Bishopston SA3 3EJ